CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seeing Through Christ' Eyes

I have been reading the book called, "Under the Overpass", which, by the way, is a really good book and i totally recommend it. Anyway, while I was reading it today a song came to my mind by Brandon Heath. It pretty much sums up how I'm feeling and it's a prayer that i give to God!

Step out on a busy street
See a girl and our eyes meet
Does her best to smile at me
To hide what´s underneath
There´s a man just to her right
Black suit and a bright red tie
Too ashamed to tell his wife
He's out of work
He's buying time
All those people going somewhere
Why have I never cared
I´ve been here a million times!
A couple of million eyes
Just move and pass me by
I swear I never thought that I was wrong
Well I want a second glance
So give me a second chance
To see the way you see the people all along.
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Lord, give me your eyes so I can see

Somethin to think about: We are ALL beggars at the foot of the cross, broken people in need of mending.

0 comments: